Wednesday, October 29, 2008

personal essay

I thought that the personal essay was both easy and had.It was easy because it was all about me and who better to tell about someone than that person.It was easy because it was all about me and who better to tell about someone than that person. It was also hard to because I had to dig deep and try to find what my life meant to me and how I am grateful and everything it also got me to look at my life in perspectives that I hadn’t even thought of before.
It was really different from other things that I had written because this was about me and about all the people that I love. It wasn’t something that I could make up or have something exciting happen. I had to write it how my life was and about what things happened to me. I would define a personal essay as a person’s life, but not only ones life but what they have gotten out of it so far and the mistakes that they have learned from and the joys that they have had. It is both the good and the bad times, the times of joy and sorrow. What I really like about personal essays is that they aren’t just some made up fairytale, but they are real accomplishments and real trials that someone had been through. And even though we don’t know the person in real life we can still see what’s on the inside. I think that it is a very good way of getting to know someone. A lot of people judge other people but once they get to know the person they are able to understand why they act a certain way or maybe this is why they have this problem.

No comments: